You know how it is, you start out to do one thing, then you find you have to do three other things before you can do what you intended to do. I had planned on getting some quilting done this afternoon, but I thought I should dig out the pattern that I promised to my friend before I totally forgot about it. I’m sure I’m the only one that has a stack of miscellaneous paperwork in my sewing room that needs to be organized into my binders, shredded, or just tossed because they are no longer relevant. I thought for sure that this was where the said pattern was “filed”, so I started going through it and then I thought that I should just go ahead and organize so that I don’t have to go through it again next time. So I spent the last two hours going through, punching holes into what I wanted to keep and placing that stuff into binders. Here is my stack after it had been sorted into categories.
And this is the end result.
I ended up having to add one more binder to my organizing system and I relabeled my pattern binders with the specific categories filed inside instead of just having them labeled “Patterns”. Hopefully, that will make specific patterns easier to find. The only problem is the pattern I wanted wasn’t in my stack! I finally found it already filed in its own small folder placed with my quilting books. But I am really glad to have this project done. Some of the things in the stack were receipts from 2014.